tienchiu.com
Phoenix re-do (at lightning speed) | Tien Chiu's Blog
About 3/4 of the way through phoenix #3, I happened to look at the piece sideways, at a shallow angle to the cloth. To my horror, there was a clearly visible stripe through the black background! Seen from the front, it was invisible (which is how I missed it while weaving), but from the side, it was completely obvious. However, I wasn't quite sure whether it was because I had used the wrong yarn to repair that section of warp (which was possible) or whether it resulted from tension differences which would work themselves out in the wash. In any event, I was three-fourths of the way through, and I didn't have enough yarn left to start over. So I forged boldly ahead, hoping the differences would come to naught. Alas, 'twas not the case. I had inadvertently used the wrong yarn - a black with a reddish cast, rather than the blue-black I'd used in the rest of the piece. So there was a subtle-yet-obvious reddish stripe going through the entire piece (dead center in the photo): If it had