stjames-etown.org
History - Saint James Catholic Church
1851 – Saint James Catholic Church began as a mission church. 1869 – Father Terrence John Disney became the first resident priest at Saint James. 1870 – The Sisters of Loretto opened Saint Mary’s Academy in Elizabethtown at the corner of Poplar and Miles Streets. 1872 – The first rectory was erected at Saint …