My 15 year old son has received $700 from a trust distribution, does he have to lodge a tax return?
From 1 July 2011 the Government removed the ability of minors to access the low income rebate for unearned income (such as interest, dividends, rent, royalties, trust distributions etc.). This means that a minor who earns over $416 in unearned income must lodge an income tax return. Personal exertion income (such as salary & wages) will