Student Visas 101 - USA Admissions |
There are basically three types of student visas in the U.S. The F-1 visa is the one most commonly used by college students in programs that take 4 years or longer. The M-1 visa is designed for students who are attending a trade or professional school, usually for 2 years or less. The J-1 visa is for exchange students, who often study in the U.S. for just one term or one year. You’re probably interested in an F-1 visa.