radioinsight.com
WRKO and iHeart - RadioInsight Community
RadioInsight Community › Forums › Northeast › Boston › WRKO and iHeart The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate. This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by raccoonradio 7 months ago. Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total) 1 2 3 → Author Posts December 19, 2017 at 8:07 am #179255 raccoonradioParticipant http://wrko.iheart.com WRKO 680’s iheart site now includes the logo and a listen live link–and wrko dot com redirects to it. Waiting for iHR to sell 1430 so they can take over WRKO December 19, 2017 at 11:34 am #179258 raccoonradioParticipant https://radioinsight.com/headlines/120779/iheart-sends-three-divestment-trust/amp/?__twitter_impression=true WRKO now run by iHeart.WKOX into a trust till divested. December 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm #179265 Joseph_Gallant I would guess that iHeart will probably purge most (or all) of WRKO-680’s local shows and use ‘RKO to run syndicated fare from sister company Premiere Networks now on WKOX-1430 (except for Fox Sports Radio). A local morning show may survive. Sadly, it’s safe to say that several local hosts will be out of a job at any time. As for what will happen when Bloomberg’s lease of WXKS-1200 ends, it might become 24/7 Fox Sports Radio. And something new will air on 1430 under new owners. I suspect it will be some kind of ethnic programming. December 19, 2017 at 5:29 pm #179269 raccoonradioParticipant WRKO now on WZLX 100.7 HD2 December 19, 2017 at 5:44 pm #179271 spt87Participant So, who do they have that is local anyway? Morning show – yes Late mornings – brokered Barry Armstrong and likely will stay (run by iHeart on WXTK already) Kuhner – may be gone to be replaced with Rush Howie not going anywhere – runs on several other iHeart stations Evenings – syndicated already Weekends – if WXTK is a guide whatever is local will probably survive; I like Jeff Lawrence’s oldies but iHeart may have other ideas. So outside of Kuhner – there is no one to get rid of. News is already outsourced. I suspect it will look a lot like WXTK with a different morning show. Even if they ditch the morning show that is 3 people gone plus a producer or two. The station has already long been gutted out of in house programming (I say in house as Barry and Howie are basically local oriented shows so local may not be the right term). December 19, 2017 at 5:49 pm #179273 spt87Participant I just looked at the weekend schedule – it is pretty much all “pay to play” so as long as the show hosts keep paying they are fine. I just don’t see where much is going to change here other than Rush will likely be back. December 19, 2017 at 7:47 pm #179276 raccoonradioParticipant More HD moves: WXKS 107.9 HD2–WBZ newsradio 1030 WBWL 101.7 HD2–Evolution elec dance music December 19, 2017 at 9:18 pm #179279 nowradioguyParticipant spt87 wrote: So, who do they have that is local anyway? Morning show – yes Late mornings – brokered Barry Armstrong and likely will stay (run by iHeart on WXTK already) Kuhner – may be gone to be replaced with Rush Howie not going anywhere – runs on several other iHeart stations Evenings – syndicated already Weekends – if WXTK is a guide whatever is local will probably survive; I like Jeff Lawrence’s oldies but iHeart may have other ideas. So outside of Kuhner – there is no one to get rid of. News is already outsourced. I suspect it will look a lot like WXTK with a different morning show. Even if they ditch the morning show that is 3 people gone plus a producer or two. The station has already long been gutted out of in house programming (I say in house as Barry and Howie are basically local oriented shows so local may not be the right term). Quote I still believe Rush and the Premiere syndicated fare will migrate back to AM 1200. I cannot see Fox Sports Radio 24/7 on the latter, since Boston is already “super-served” with sports by 98.5 The Sports Hub, WEEI-FM, and ESPN on WEEI-AM. In a parochial-minded sports city like Boston, syndicated sports programming – save for the occasional playoff game – would struggle to do well. I would also like to have Michael Graham do AM drive on 1200 AM if/when they revert to talk. As for night time syndicated fare: I wish ‘RKO would bring back Mark Levin. My guess, though, is he’d land on AM 1200. “Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the matter.” – Jay Severin December 20, 2017 at 12:17 pm #179283 BRWParticipant Havent seen anyone here mention it but as of this week WRKO is based at Iheart Radio Boston in Medford. December 20, 2017 at 10:12 pm #179302 nowradioguyParticipant BRW wrote: Havent seen anyone here mention it but as of this week WRKO is based at Iheart Radio Boston in Medford. Quote Hmmm, that may explain the amount of technical gaffes I noticed the past two days. I remember WBZ experienced several during its first few days, and these were attributed to their staff’s getting used to what is hailed as one of the very best automation systems in the world, that which iHeart uses. I hope the glitches diminish with time. I don’t get to hear but the last few minutes of the ‘RKO Morning Show, and after The Financial Exchange I tune in to Rush – on another iHeart station, iRonically – at noon, so, if anything about ‘RKO’s move were mentioned on-air, well, I missed it for sure. December 21, 2017 at 5:58 am #179304 raccoonradioParticipant ;A post on radiodiscussions–someone heard Kuhner say iHR gave him a 1 yr contract and says he could go national (he was saying the latter 2 yrs ago).If so what about Rush (some have predicted Rush back to 680)..do they move Rush, Sean etc to 1200? Or does Premiere put Kuhner on in their 6 p slot nationally or who knows what?Time will tell come the new year. As for doing shows from Medford, WRKO does facebook live and podcasts on their facebook page and you can see VB and a fill in host in a different room . December 22, 2017 at 4:11 pm #179345 BRWParticipant raccoonradio wrote: ;A post on radiodiscussions–someone heard Kuhner say iHR gave him a 1 yr contract and says he could go national (he was saying the latter 2 yrs ago).If so what about Rush (some have predicted Rush back to 680)..do they move Rush, Sean etc to 1200? Or does Premiere put Kuhner on in their 6 p slot nationally or who knows what?Time will tell come the new year. As for doing shows from Medford, WRKO does facebook live and podcasts on their facebook page and you can see VB and a fill in host in a different room . Quote All the uplinks for various shows are going thru Medford as of this week. The hosts may very well be in Brighton for a bit. December 23, 2017 at 9:18 am #179353 BRWParticipant BRW wrote: raccoonradio wrote: ;A post on radiodiscussions–someone heard Kuhner say iHR gave him a 1 yr contract and says he could go national (he was saying the latter 2 yrs ago).If so what about Rush (some have predicted Rush back to 680)..do they move Rush, Sean etc to 1200? Or does Premiere put Kuhner on in their 6 p slot nationally or who knows what?Time will tell come the new year. As for doing shows from Medford, WRKO does facebook live and podcasts on their facebook page and you can see VB and a fill in host in a different room . Quote All the uplinks for various shows are going thru Medford as of this week. The hosts may very well be in Brighton for a bit. Quote I confirmed again. As far as their weekday local hosts are concerned, they’re in Medford. Some of the weekend shows may still be working out of Brighton. The support staff including sales are now also in Medford. December 23, 2017 at 1:45 pm #179355 Uncle KaimbridgeParticipant nowradioguy wrote: …and these were attributed to their staff’s getting used to what is hailed as one of the very best automation systems in the world, that which iHeart uses. LOL! 😀 LOL! 😀 😀 ROFLMYO!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 _____ ~Uncle Kaimbridge~ 02205–2602–029 [42.3509°N–71.0538°W (FN42li34nf)] **** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. **** December 24, 2017 at 8:03 am #179368 BRWParticipant BRW wrote: BRW wrote: raccoonradio wrote: ;A post on radiodiscussions–someone heard Kuhner say iHR gave him a 1 yr contract and says he could go national (he was saying the latter 2 yrs ago).If so what about Rush (some have predicted Rush back to 680)..do they move Rush, Sean etc to 1200? Or does Premiere put Kuhner on in their 6 p slot nationally or who knows what?Time will tell come the new year. As for doing shows from Medford, WRKO does facebook live and podcasts on their facebook page and you can see VB and a fill in host in a different room . Quote All the uplinks for various shows are going thru Medford as of this week. The hosts may very well be in Brighton for a bit. Quote I confirmed again. As far as their weekday local hosts are concerned, they’re in Medford. Some of the weekend shows may still be working out of Brighton. The support staff including sales are now also in Medford. Quote Strike everything from the record in my prior posts about WRKO. I got led astray by incorrect information. I apologize for confusion. Author Posts Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total) 1 2 3 → You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Share this:TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestPrintEmailMorePocketTumblrReddit