radioinsight.com
Good News: Channel 955 is adding more Pop acts - RadioInsight Community
RadioInsight Community › Forums › Midwest › Detroit / Michigan › Good News: Channel 955 is adding more Pop acts The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate. This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by dsportsgirl 3 months, 2 weeks ago. Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total) Author Posts November 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm #184463 dsportsgirlParticipant Yes, Channel 955 is adding more Pop and Dance/EDM act in the wake of 98.7 Amp Radio drop top 40 last week, but they will continue to play some Hip-Hop hits. In addition to that, they holding a Big Show at Little Caesars Arena next month along with 97.9WJLB. Also, WDVD is planning to eliminate all the 1980s and 1990s music and add more pop, EDM, and more Hip-Hop acts since they already had Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and more. November 20, 2018 at 4:10 am #184544 dsportsgirlParticipant Last week, the station added “Youngblood” by 5 Second of Summer. November 21, 2018 at 4:39 pm #184555 Nathan ObralParticipant iHeart allows for little variance for how their music stations are programmed. If 95.5 added music from X artist, it’s because the music logs in New York told them to do so. It has little to nothing to do with what happened at 98.7, which couldn’t compete with 95.5. Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo! November 22, 2018 at 8:41 am #184560 dsportsgirlParticipant Good news: Detroit might be getting another Top 40 soon in the wake of 98.7 Amp Radio switch to Soft Rock last week. Rumors say that 93.1 Nash FM most likely to be dropping out of country soon. This means that if this happens, WDRQ would returns to Top 40 for the first time since 2005. November 23, 2018 at 3:34 am #184565 dsportsgirlParticipant If WDRQ flipping to Top 40, WDVD will continue to play 1980s and 1990s music. November 23, 2018 at 3:36 am #184566 dsportsgirlParticipant Nathan Obral wrote: iHeart allows for little variance for how their music stations are programmed. If 95.5 added music from X artist, it’s because the music logs in New York told them to do so. It has little to nothing to do with what happened at 98.7, which couldn’t compete with 95.5. Quote I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years. November 24, 2018 at 12:12 am #184571 Nathan ObralParticipant dsportsgirl wrote: I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years. Where are you hearing these rumors about WDRQ flipping? Seriously. NASH is still one of Cumulus’s format initiatives despite the overall failure of the brand on a national scale. They will not torch the brand in a Top 20 market. Have you listened to any of Cumulus’ Top 40 stations? Outside of Q100 in Atlanta and KRBE in Atlanta, they don’t do CHR well at all. WDRQ would be a total dud against 95.5, Cumulus knows this. Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo! November 24, 2018 at 12:29 pm #184576 dsportsgirlParticipant Nathan Obral wrote: dsportsgirl wrote: I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years. Where are you hearing these rumors about WDRQ flipping? Seriously. NASH is still one of Cumulus’s format initiatives despite the overall failure of the brand on a national scale. They will not torch the brand in a Top 20 market. Have you listened to any of Cumulus’ Top 40 stations? Outside of Q100 in Atlanta and KRBE in Houston, they don’t do CHR well at all. WDRQ would be a total dud against 95.5, Cumulus knows this. Quote I read the Wikipedia this week that rumors say if their ratings are continue to go very low, they could likely to flipping to top 40. Look how 98.7 did, they dropped top 40 2 weeks ago and flipped to soft AC. Also, they did cancel their annual Kingle Ball next month due to their format change. November 26, 2018 at 12:47 pm #184586 ma geeParticipant Let’s cut to the chase. What you claim about Wikipedia was a revision that has since been removed. Furthermore, when reviewing the edit history, the citation you mention is written with the same errors of grammar you make when posting here. Creating rumors based on your personal desires and then posting them here does no one any good. Respectfully, I’d like to ask that you stop doing so. If not, perhaps “dsportsgirl who cries wolf” would be a better screen name for you? Doing so might offer a hint into what most of us have already learned. What you post here is without any basis in fact. November 30, 2018 at 12:23 am #184658 Nathan ObralParticipant dsportsgirl wrote: I read the Wikipedia this week that rumors say if their ratings are continue to go very low, they could likely to flipping to top 40. Look how 98.7 did, they dropped top 40 2 weeks ago and flipped to soft AC. Also, they did cancel their annual Kingle Ball next month due to their format change. Someone vandalized the Wikipedia article on WDRQ and you posted it as the gospel truth. Good lord. In fact, that IP address’s lone activity on Wikipedia has been with regards to that vandalism of said WDRQ article. This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Nathan Obral. Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo! Author Posts Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total) You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Share this:TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestPrintEmailMorePocketTumblrReddit