morgancountycitizen.com
Historic house burns - Morgan County Citizen
By Tia Lynn Ivey managing editor A beloved historic house in Rutledge caught fire last week, severely damaging the home owned by John Pisello and Keith Rex. A blazing fire broke out at the historic Hollis House, built in 1905, and located at 171 Fairplay Street in Rutledge on Friday, Sept. 20, taking four fire departments to extinguish. After completing an investigation, the Morgan Fire Department and the State Fire Marshall’s Office determined the cause of the fire was “most likely from smoking.” “It is a very sad day in ... Read More