masticasphaltcouncil.co.uk
Making History at Coalhouse Fort
Strategically located on the Essex peninsular near East Tilbury, Coalhouse Fort is an artillery fort which was originally built in the 1860’s to help counter the threat of a French invasion. At the time, a defensive wall was constructed around the British Isles to protect from the perceived threat and Coalhouse Fort was built to