Royal Caribbean Day 7: Day at Sea - Mapless Adventures
Our final day on the Adventure of the Seas quickly came. We set sail from Barbados knowing it was going to be a long 36 hours aboard the ship. We also knew it was going to be a good time with good friends. As usual, our day started with breakfast. Thankfully, it wasn’t as early as the past five days, so we were able to sleep in just a little. Darren and I knew there was ONE thing we had on our list for the day….POOL! At this point, I hadn’t spent much time around the pools. Majority of our time had been spent on ports, eating or enjoying the night performances/activities, so it was about time I took advantage of the other amenities our cruise ship had to offer. I especially loved that they had a separate pool just for adults! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love kids, I mean I am a speech therapist and now ESL teacher in Thailand, but it was nice to be away from kids for a little while. Since we got a late start this morning, by the time we made it to the pool, there weren’t many chairs available. Luckily, I found an open pool chair in the adult only pool area. However, it happened to be in the direct line of the sun. The sun in the Caribbean is no joke. Although I came prepared with sunscreen, my body still managed to get burnt. After a couple hours, I started to become restless and hungry. I found Darren (we separated at the pool) and ventured to lunch. We just happened to have met up with Karen and Richard, too. The pool deck was starting to get very active with pool events including a belly flop competition. And yes, I did stay and watch as it’s always funny to watch others flop in the pool! As the day progressed, our little crew grew as we met up with Bridget and Rob from the previous night. We remained on the pool deck to continue to watch the entertaining, “Sexy Man Competition”. It was by far the best entertainment on the ship! Rob even joined in the competition, which made watching way more enjoyable. Once the competition ended, the six of us divided and headed back to our cabins to get freshen up for dinner. Our final family dinner sure was special. We had a delectable dinner, followed by a bottle of bubbly and dancing from our wait staff. Once dinner ended, we wandered the ship and had a few more beverages before I called it a night (it was 11:30pm). BUT…I wish I could say that really was the end of our cruise. It’s not. Not even a little. Disembarkment Darren and I had an EXTREMELY surprising and rather terrifying morning wake up call by US customs and Border once we arrived back to San Juan, Puerto Rico. At 5:30 AM, we jolted awake to pounding at our door. Loud, thudding, pounding along side “Open up. This is Customs.” Upon opening the door, there stood FIVE agents and a drug dog. We handed over our passports and stepped outside to wait, while the drug dog and agents searched our room. Not quite the wake up call I was expecting. It’s not like we were worried, but it still isn’t how I would have liked to start my morning. The whole ordeal took about 30-40 minutes. We were cleared to re-enter our room. Surprisingly enough, neither of us could really get back to bed. So, after eating breakfast and completing all of our disembarking requirements, we headed off the ship and onto customs. Because of our wake up call by CBP, Darren and I got to bypass the entire line and headed off towards the airport! I truly don’t think I could have asked for a better week or a better travel buddy. Between all our adventures, our new friendships, and all of our enjoyable evenings, my week on the Adventure of the Seas ship with Royal Caribbean Cruises was surely special and one of a kind! P.S. STAY TUNED FOR UPCOMING THAILAND BLOGS!! I have so much to tell you about 🙂 Don't Forget to Save for Later...Pin Me