gardinerstparish.ie
Our Place of Worship - Gardiner Street Parish
The Church of St Francis Xavier in Gardiner Street was one of the first churches to be built in Dublin after Catholic Emancipation (Catholic Relief Act) in 1829. The church in Hardwicke St opened in 1821. By 1829, however, it had become too small for the congregations.In that year, then, the first stone was laid, …