blueearthcountyhistory.com
A Brief History of McPherson Township
McPherson Township is a scenic township containing the city of St. Clair, formerly known as Hilton. In 1863, the Winnebago Indians were removed from the land and incoming settlers soon made it their home. The building previously used as the Winnebago Agency was put up for sale, and soon converted to a hotel. After that,