Gerry Chapleski - 10 Art Competition
I am an Artist, Painter, Sculptor, Graphic Designer, Fashion Designer, Musician, Hunter, Fisherman, Farmer, Teacher, Coach, Scientist, Medicine Man + Warrior. My paintings are about Life, Light, Color, Humanity, Sex, Love, Beauty, God. I'm on a continual search for Beauty - real, classic, imagined, created and perceived. I love Color - the blending, blurring, mixing and total amazingness of it. For a long time I pushed around pixels. Now I essentially push around liquid plastic. Realism bordering on abstraction (on a sliding scale). The preponderance of nudes throughout the history of art. In my portraits, the Light of God in the simple beauty of the human face. The power of the gaze. I spend 90% of the time carefully rendering an image, then spend the other 10% basically obliterating it. But sometimes a completely new persona emerges. Finally, hopefully, paying some sort of irreverent tribute to all of the great painters, craftsmen and thinkers from the past who came up with all the great ideas first.
Post to Tumblr