adventuresinacamper.com
Progress on the New Van So Far | Adventures in a Camper
I thought I’d pop in with a quick update on the progress we’ve made on the new van so far. We started working on it over the bank holiday weekend (last weekend) and got a good 2 full days on it, plus a little bit on the Friday evening. We managed to get the van in almost the same state as the last van in just that weekend! The thing with the last van was that when we took out the ply, we discovered a lot of rust at the wheel arch etc, so it had to go in the garage a few times. Shane also did a lot of work treating rust externally underneath the van to try and treat it before it got too worse, so that all took up a lot of his time. We started off by removing all of the plywood, then laying the flooring beams and glueing them down. We learned the last time that the floor had a lot of movement in it because the beams weren’t as close together, so we sorted that this time around and put them in every gap. Then we layed the roll insulation in-between the flooring beams. …