ghostsofnorthdakota.com
Storm Clouds in Larson, North Dakota
Larson is a near-ghost town in Burke County, about 38 miles northwest of Kenmare, or sixty miles northeast of Williston. It was established in 1907 and had a peak population of 114 in 1920. Larson, and the nearby town of Columbus, were named for Columbus Larson, an early postmaster. There’s a good-sized concentration of residents with Scandinavian heritage in the area. US Census Data for Larson Total Population by Place 1960 – 62 1970 – 35 1980 – 21 2000... Read More Read More