ghostsofnorthdakota.com
The Ghost Town Known as Straubville, North Dakota
About 60 miles southwest of Wahpeton, in Sargent County, stands the ghost town known as Straubville, North Dakota. It was named for the first settler, Joseph W. Straub, who donated ten acres for the town site, in 1883. A Great Northern Railroad station was founded in 1886, and population peaked at 40. This was a place we visited early in our Ghosts of North Dakota adventures, in 2005, and it was one of the first places we encountered where it... Read More Read More