ghostsofnorthdakota.com
Lonely Juanita, North Dakota
Juanita was founded along the Great Northern Railroad Line in 1911, about fifteen miles northeast of Carrington, North Dakota. It was originally named “Wanitah”, a Native American word of unknown meaning, but later renamed by town planners with the Spanish spelling. It reached a peak poulation of 150 in 1920. When we visited in 2004, it appeared to have a population around five to ten. Juanita did have a fairly impressive stone school building, however it appeared to be in... Read More Read More