Police Stress Gun Safety After Accidental Shooting
CLIVE, Iowa -- Police say a two-year-old boy is recovering in the hospital after he got ahold of his father’s gun and accidentally shot himself in the chest while the Council Bluffs family was staying at the Sterling Inn on Sunday. “The family had stayed there the night before and I believe they may have been packing up to leave. The father had a permit to carry a concealed firearm. Unfortunately though, the firearm got left in a position where this two-year-old child got ahold of it and they weren’t able to get it away from him before the gun discharged,” Clive Police Chief Michael Venema said.
Post to Tumblr