Family of teen who died from brain-eating amoeba sues water park
Exactly one year after her death, Lauren Seitz's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit over a deadly amoeba she picked up during a trip to a North Carolina water park. The 18-year old died June 19, 2016, after she was exposed to Naegleria fowleri, an amoeba that can cause a rare and deadly brain infection. The lawsuit alleges that the water park, US National Whitewater Center, and its builder, Recreation Engineering and Planning Inc., were grossly negligent and reckless and should be held accountable.
Post to Tumblr