via.q13fox.com
2 Tacoma families narrowly escape house fire; fireworks blamed
TACOMA, Wash.-- Two families on Tuesday were sifting through their charred belongings hours after a house fire gutted their duplex in the Hilltop neighborhood. The blaze that firefighters say was likely caused by fireworks had the residents scrambling for their lives in the middle of the night. The fire started in the back of the house between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday. Those inside at the time say the flames raced up the back of the building both on the outside and inside the interior walls.