Florida teen ‘engulfed in flames’ while roasting marshmallows
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Family and friends describe 14-year-old Layne Chesney as an avid softball player already in the sights of college scouts. Now, the South Florida teen is in critical condition after a fire on New Year's Eve. Layne was roasting marshmallows during a bonfire at a friend's house in Fort Pierce, Florida, when a gas can exploded. She was immediately "engulfed in flames," her mother Leigh Chesney told WFOR.
Post to Tumblr