via.q13fox.com
Fire department warns of hoses in summer, posts photo of baby scalded by water
LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas Fire Rescue posted pictures of a burned baby Monday, warning residents of the hazards of using garden hoses during hot weather. "Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees," fire rescue wrote, "which can cause burns, especially to children & animals. Let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals."