Teen Nearly Dies after Swallowing Toothpick in Sandwich
He suffered from nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloody stool, and fever for almost three weeks before doctors finally figured out what was wrong. The answer may seem almost funny—but by the time the mystery was solved, it had caused an infection that nearly killed him. What was the problem? The 18-year-old, a professional athlete who was on the road for training with his team at the time, had swallowed a 3-inch toothpick from a sandwich he ate.
Post to Tumblr