Dog Nearly Dies from Xylitol Poisoning after Eating Sugar-Free Gum
ESTES PARK, Colo. – If you have a dog, this is a reminder to check the labels on your food. Next week is National Poison Prevention Week. Pet experts are using the awareness campaign to remind people with pets that some of the ingredients in common pantry items could be poisonous to your dog. According to Pet Poison Helpline, their top three calls from worried pet parents are for accidental ingestion of chocolate, rat poison and medications. The fourth item on the list is xylitol.
Post to Tumblr