Family Says Common Household Item Nearly Killed Their Dog
AMES, Iowa – An Iowa family say their 1-year-old dog became seriously ill after ingesting a low-carb sweetener called Xylitol. Brianna Schwenk Mashchman and John Mashchman, from Webster City, told WHO-TV their energetic, curious Boston terrier mix named Millie got into a bottle of melatonin. “Within about 10 minutes, Millie was stumbling and looked dizzy and then she was vomiting. It was only a few minutes after that before she was in a seizure,” Brianna Schwenk Mashchman said.
Post to Tumblr