A Giant-er Space | Glossy
Following four years of steady growth, Toronto strategy and creative shop Giants & Gentlemen (G&G) has moved out of its cozy office on Queen St. East and settled into more generous digs just a few blocks away. The Gents now occupy a 5,400 sq. ft. space on the top floor of the historic Gendron Building at 411 Richmond St. East. With more people filling its ranks, G&G wanted to make sure to use its new space to the fullest, so the agency tapped Architects Luc Bouliane, the firm behind the recent Relmar Houses project in posh Forest Hill, to make the most of it. “The Gendron was built in 1895 by Walter Massey,” Mr. Bouliane explained. “It’s a fine example of brick and beam design, so we wanted to retain as much of the original decor as possible and create a modern workspace around it with mid-century modern furniture and industrial accents.” For G&G, it was important that its new space be informal and make a statement all while also being inviting. It was also important that the G&G brand be reflected throughout, both in the colour scheme (red, white, grey) and the overall environment (classic and contemporary). Architects Luc Bouliane accomplished it all, creating a look for the space that’s akin to a contemporary take on a gentlemen’s club. G&G’s new digs now offers its growing staff a work environment that’s not only bright and welcoming, but also inspires creativity. Read more and see more pics.
Post to Tumblr