What happens if I file my taxes late?
Don't panic! You're going to be alright. If you are worried you won't have your 2017 taxes ready for April 17th, 2018, the first thing you can do is file an extension. Individual filers can e-file their extension form for free . Doing so will automatically get you a 6 month extension to file.