baileysprairie.org
Burrell Chapel Church
Prior to 1900, under the guidance of Rev. Burrell, a group of followers met in the Snipe community and formed a church, hence the name Burrell Chapel. Land was donated by Mr. David Jameson for the erection of a church building. Early settlers were the families of Deacon Lemon "Boots" Franklin and Henry Darts. The church