1792 - Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin - Architecture of Dublin City - Archiseek - Irish Architecture
Named after the Fitzwilliam family, Earls of Merrion, who developed this land as part of their great estate on the southside of the Liffey. This, the most cohesive estate in Dublin was laid out between 1760 and 1850. The land acquired by the Fitzwilliam family was leased as a block from the City Corporation and as it