advocacyinaction.net
Dangerous batteries and magnets leave One child dead, another seriously injured - Advocacy in Action
Updated Sunday, January 24, 2016Small button batteries and magnets continue to injure and kill young children despite safety campaigns and product recalls. Two-year-old Brianna Florer died on 26 December after swallowing a small round button battery. Her grandfather told The Oklahoman Brianna felt unwell and when she threw up blood her parents called an ambulance. The family did not know the cause of her illness until an xray revealed she swallowed a button battery. Despite surgery, the young toddler lost her life. Many household and personal devices use button batteries including remote controls, hearing aids and digital thermometers. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns these batteries cause …