Reasons I love Watch_dogs 2:
- The main character is black.
- The issue of racial bias in the media is confronted explicitly in-game often.
- In the OPENING TO THE GAME, the main character wipes himself from a goverment profile. Even after removing various “crimes” that he hadn’t committed, his risk was still at 42%. This is because he is a young black male with a gun license.
- The main female character (Sitara) is a fucking badass and sits down for no-one.
- They have an autistic character who is referred to in his files explicitly as autistic.
- This does not make him any less lovable, interesting and well rounded. In fact he is an incredible hacker and engineer.
- They have a (non-stated) Bipolar character.
- Throughout the game, profiles of people you encounter are available to you. More than once, they come up with things like “in a long distance queer relationship”
- There is an OPENLY TRANS CHARACTER.
- She has videos of her surgeries leaked online but that does not make her back down, hell no.
- Did I mention shes a black transwoman?
- She’s also a congresswoman. A black transwoman in politics, as well as the fact she becomes an integral part of the game.
God, I fucking love this game. Representation is so important and they slammed it up the fucking wall. I’m so proud.