Tips for transforming a bedroom into a dream space
1. Simplify. Having less things in my room has made it a more peaceful place, and easier to keep clean.
2. Bright clean whites has made my small bedroom feel a lot bigger. I chose white bedding, and white walls, and introduced color with pillows and throws.
3. Opening the thicker curtains during the day helps my room feel like less of a cave, and nothing beats beautiful natural light. I have sheer curtains to filter the light a bit, and it really brightens the space.
4. Plants! I love having living things in my room, and having a few succulents on the window sill and on my nightstand is so easy. They don’t need much care, and are an easy way to decorate.
5. Invest in your bedding. I had the same sheet set for years and years, and recently started buying new bedding and I love it! Soft sheets, cuddly pillows — treat yourself when it comes to your bed.
6. Make your room personal, put paintings up you painted, frame photos of you and your best friends, or decorate with something you love.
7. Make it have its very own vibe, whether it’s a clean white room, to dark wood and dark bedding, to twinkly lights and decorated walls, just make it completely your style!