Threechum Hogwarts AU where Frank and Claire are Slytherin prefects and Meechum is a young Hufflepuff. They find Meechum being bullied by some older Gryffindors and completely destroy them. They take little Meechum under their wing and everyone knows not to mess with the Slytherin prefects’ pet Hufflepuff.
But just imagine it:
- Meechum joining Frank and Claire at the Slytherin table. He expects the other Slytherins to be intimidating, but they’re actually really welcoming. Meechum sort of has a protected status in all the Slytherin areas.
- Meechum makes the quidditch team and when he flies out for his first game he sees Frank and Claire in the stands wearing Hufflepuff scarves and cheering for him. (He’s a beater).
- Meechum’s too young to go to Hogsmeade, but that’s not going to stop them. The teachers don’t notice the little Hufflepuff boy in the middle of a pack of Slytherins as they head off to Hogsmeade.
- Meechum pretty much moves into the Slytherin dorms. He knows the common room password and even if Frank and Claire aren’t there no one complains about him being there.
- Sometimes they will all go to the Hufflepuff dorms. It’s easier to plot things there because the Hufflepuffs don’t care enough to eavesdrop.
- Meechum standing guard when Frank breaks into a teacher’s office to acquire blackmail material
- Meechum telling Frank and Claire he wants to be an auror, but he’s afraid his grades aren’t good enough to get the OWLs he needs, so they start tutoring him “Because when I’m the Minister for Magic, I want you as my chief auror”.
- Frank getting Meechum to go with him and “keep him safe” when he’s doing stuff around Hogwarts (even though most of it doesn’t require a bodyguard, but it’s good practice for when Meechum’s an auror). Making his rounds for his prefect duties? Much safer with Meechum there. Going into the Forbidden Forest? Couldn’t possibly go in there without Meechum. Going to confront a group of Gryffindors? Definitely need Meechum for that.