hey guys! so with the new year upon us, i know how many of you guys are interested in working harder and growing in 2019.
here are some tips on how to become a better version of yourself this year!
1. you can have resolutions, but don’t make them typical resolutions. for example, instead of saying “i’m going to go to the gym every day”, say “i’m going to live a healthier lifestyle”. this is because if you don’t go to the gym some days, you have already failed your resolution. having a more open resolution gives you flexibility while producing the same result.
2. expand your vocabulary. this is actually my new years resolution- we can all manage to expand our vocabularies, can’t we? (shameless plug ahead- warning!!) i’m starting to do word of the day’s on my blog so that we can all accomplish this together!!
3. read more books! reading books is a great way to expand your knowledge and become a more interesting and worldly person. they don’t even have to be deeply intellectual books- studies show that reading any book can make you smarter.
4. learn more about other cultures. this can teach you a lot about yourself and help you grow!
5. start learning a new language. or keep learning one- learning a language is one of the best ways to grow!
6. take more time for yourself. studyblrs often romanticize being a busy student. remember that filling every second of your day with work isn’t the only path to success, and taking time for yourself is just as crucial as studying!
7. eat better! eating better not only gives you a better body, it gives you more natural energy throughout your day and helps you focus more in class. 10/10 would recommend!!
8. you can do new month resolutions, too. these are by far much easier to maintain. for example, if you want to try veganism but don’t want to commit to it for an entire year, just do it for a month and see how you like it!
9. talk to elders. this one may seem a little weird, but the more you talk to elders, the more you learn about the world that came before, helping you understand how we came to our current world. it’s v interesting!!
10. talk to those who are younger than you. contrasting #9, young people bring much more credit to the table than we give them credit for. you’ll learn a lot!
11. read the news more. this is always one of the first things i recommend to people who are looking to grow. this doesn’t mean you just have to read about politics all day. read op eds, read about the world, read pop culture. you’ll learn a ton about your surroundings.
12. be more honest with yourself. you are doing yourself no good by lying about your faults- be honest with yourself and fix it.
13. stop surrounding yourself with people who make your unhappy. this is something we all do, but nobody is making you. if a friend is mean to you, stop hanging out with them. the world won’t hate you for doing this (i always thought it would, i was wrong).
if you read up to here. you’re a real one.
i hope some of these help you guys out over the next year! if you guys like this i may make a part two. xx