what i’ve been thinking about this week…
- dusty, grassy roads bordered by rickety signs and metal windmills.
- breezy, mellow Southern towns that sit at the sides of those roads.
- fields of sunflowers and canola and wheat.
- wood-panelled farmhouses with large verandas where families eat breakfast every morning.
- old recipe books with lots of turkey and parsnips and apples and cream.
- red checkered shorts and white blouses.
- thick brown hair tied in ribbons.
- pie contests at the county fair.
- the kinds of lives you see in dallas, the waltons, schitt’s creek and little house on the prairie.