For New Regressors
Hi! My name’s Jamie, and I was recently in the same boat as you. I know little space is a little (ha) weird, and it takes some getting used to. Its ok. Take a deep breath.
Some things that you’re gonna need to know for headspace that no one told me:
- Its weird. Its a weird transition, especially if you’re not used to it. Its ok for it to feel like a big change, and to not understand everything about it yet. You’ll learn with time. Its ok.
- Your emotions are going to increase tenfold. With becoming younger, your emotional control decreases. But don’t be afraid to feel. This is all natural.
- Tired is an emotion!! Especially for Depressed regressors, we get tired really easy. And when we get tired, we get cranky. Take care of yourself and sleep when you need to.
- Neflix Kids is gonna save ur life.
- Animations and readings of kids books are online/on youtube if you don’t own anymore.
- If you don’t have any money or are too anxious to buy kid stuff (pacis, etc) its ok. These are nice to have, but not necessary. I don’t have any pacis yet, and that’s ok. Buy them when you have time/money. Don’t stress about it.
- Don’t forget breathing exercises. I know that sounds weird but if you have anxiety and are also in littlespace, taking a minute to take deep breaths is integral to feeling ok.
- Caregivers are wonderful. However, it’s ok to not have a caregiver. I’ve been regressing for a long time but only recently learned what a CG was. I don’t have one. I don’t know that I will have one. That’s ok, as long as you remember to take care of yourself.
This is something in your life that you’re definitely going to have to get used to. And that doesn’t mean it will impact your every day school or work life, if you manage it well. For involuntary regressors like me, work on minimizing the effects of being little when you’re somewhere where you can’t be until you get home. I know it’s a big change to adjust to. But it’s part of you and that’s ok.