Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been ride or die for Pepper “You made a potentially FATAL accounting mistake you bloody imbecile no I will not calm down” Potts for years now, but Endgame did her character so much (long overdue) justice:
1. “Pepper hates anything and everything that has to do with Iron Man and wants him to live out the rest of his days as a hermit in the mountains because she’s Abusive™ like that”
Meanwhile, Endgame: *literally has Pepper say on screen that she doesn’t want Tony to stop what he’s doing, no matter what it may mean for their family* lmao you were saying
2. Just. Her entrance as Rescue, one fist on the ground in classic iron man pose, helmet slowly coming off to reveal her borderline murderous expression. 12/10 instant Nut.
3. She knew how to operate the armour smoothly (as compared to her mega failure of an attempt in iron man 3) which could only mean one thing: she’s beEN PRACTICING. SHE’S BEEN PRACTICING HOW TO OPERATE THE ARMOUR, HOW TO FIGHT IN IT. I’m so PROUD. Virginia Potts (Stark?) does not show up to anything unprepared, be it a board meeting or a battle for the universe, thank you very much.
4. (Which was another classic “lmao you were saying” moment, see point 1)
5. Honestly? Pepper merely showing up to fight is HUGE in itself. She has a very young daughter who needs at least one parent. And yet, despite knowing full well that either one (or both) of them might not make it out alive, she decided to fight right alongside Tony anyway, in what could potentially be a lethal battle.
6. It might not seem like much (hell, one child Vs the whole universe. No brainer, right?) But for a parent to say “Fuck it, my child will manage, this war needs me” is intense and courageous beyond measure and I need her bravery acknowledged right now immediately.
7. Tony, heroic as he was, was literally iron man. God knows I love him and his resolve to sacrifice everything for the greater good, but at this point it’s almost expected. He’s a superhero. It’s what he does. He knows he was sorely needed.
Pepper, on the other hand? She could have left the battle to the pros. Stayed back to ensure Morgan grows up with at least one parent. But she dropped everything she loved to join the war simply because she could. (Do we stan? Goddamn right we do)
8. And the best part? The war did need her. Her presence, her will to recognise and fight for what’s important, those badass repulsor beams. Hell, even saved Peter from getting smushed at one point. She made an actual, palpable difference.
9. Slightly off topic but like. have you Seen how goddamn adorable Morgan Stark is… Full disclosure I for one would have had major trouble choosing between either a) staying home and devouring juice pops with her or b) possibly killing myself on a battlefield.
10. “Pepper is selfish and doesn’t care about anyone’s feelings but her own!!” See points 5 to 8 thx bye
11. Pepper and Tony fighting in tandem, giving us a beautiful, downright brilliant metaphor about how they always (and in this case, literally) have each other’s backs? Poetic-goddamn-cinema.jpg
12. Ohohohohoho as if that one scene where all the female superheroes showed up to back Carol wasn’t enough (which, by the way, also instant freaking Nut), Pepper showed up right beside them, ready to defend Carol. Like. Move over lmao Pepper Potts is a badass on the same ranks as the other Marvel women, marvel said so themselves.
13. Anyone who still (for reasons I can’t begin to understand) claims that Pepper is somehow inferior to any of the other Marvel women can pack their ignorance into a tiny little bag and walk right out the door, thanks. I don’t make the rules sorry (Marvel does, though. And Marvel says you’re invalid)
14. Staying strong for Tony’s sake while he breathed his last, despite her own obvious devastation. Assuring him repeatedly that his two favourite girls would be just fine on their own. Swallowing the panic she was no doubt feeling to let her husband go in peace.
15. Breaking down only after she knew he was gone for good, so that the last thing he would see was her smiling face, the last thing he would hear was her telling him he’d accomplished just what he’d set out to do. That the universe was safe now (for Morgan, for Peter, for trillions everywhere), and that he could rest peacefully at last.
Just. Pepper fucking Potts, man
Being her best, most badass self.
Having everyone in the theatre collectively lose their damn minds as soon as she showed up on the battlefield.
I couldn’t possibly have asked for more.