Weird things that have happened in my neighborhood
1. When we first moved here one of my neighbors thought we were Amish. (I have no idea why).
2. Another neighbor thought my dad has two wives. He doesn’t.
3. Around when we moved here a couple with the same names as my parents were going around robbing people, so we got questioned a couple times.
4. One time my brother, sister, and I were walking down the street and a kid comes up and says “I know where you live.”
5. Another time we were walking -at night- and these two kids come up the street barking like dogs at us.
6. Another time we were walking, again at night, and a coyote walks past us.
7. All the bats in the area stay up in my attic. No one else has this problem that I know of.
8. I already made a post about this when it happened but I don’t feel like looking for it so, one night last August I was standing in the driveway when an unidentifiable object drunkenly flew through the sky and disappeared a few feet away. It was really bright and colorful and moved around the way tadpoles do.
9. Whenever we go for walks people sit in their windows and stare at us until we pass by. One time a lady flung her door open and just stared at us until we were far away.
10. The air smells weird.
11. There are 3 cemeteries within walking distance of my house.
12. There’s a desolate country road about a block behind my house that always has weird things laying along the path, like burrito wrappers and leather chairs.
13. If you stand in the road late at night you can sometimes hear somebody screaming.
14. I found long inhuman fingerprints on the outside of one of our windows.
15. I can’t find any historical info on this place.
Tutorial: How to change the startup picture for your neighborhood
I kept seeing the same old picture when starting up my Veronaville, and it began to really bother me.
Juliette, on the left, is a grandmother in my game now and had just lost her second husband, while Romeo is an old man, pot-bellied and with sparse hair. Besides that, I don´t even play a Maxis match game.
I needed a new picture that reflected the state and style of my neighborhood better, like this one:
If you want to replace your startup picture too, use the following steps:
Take a screenshot ingame or find a picture you like.
Go into My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 > Neighborhoods. You will find a list of folders of your currently existing neighborhoods:
N001 is Pleasantview N002 is Strangetown N003 is Veronaville G001 is Riverblossom Hills N004 onwards are your custom neighborhoods
Open the folder of the neighborhood you want to edit. Inside the folder, there should be a file called „N00x_Neighborhood.png“, where x is the number of your neighborhood. The file size is 400x300.
Take the png-file and put it somewhere safe, in case you would like to restore it later. Copy the name of the file and save your screenshot under the exact same name, and put it in the neighborhood folder. Start your game, and in the neighborhood selection menu, your new image should appear!
I read that the file size of your new .png should be exactly 400x300, but at least on my Mac I found it can differ from that.
status update: I think my neighborhood is a cryptid resort
1. Last night at about 9pm, my brother, sister, and I were outside looking at the red moon, when suddenly two large balls of light, with long orange and blue tails, glided across the sky. They were too slow to be fireworks or shooting stars. The best I can describe is they were moving like tadpoles. We chased after them, but they disappeared above my house.
2. Last winter, the neighbors brought my brother a pig head. It was so heavy that my dad, a 6′3 ex-marine, had to carry it with a pulley. We left it sitting outside, and the next day, it was gone.
3. There was this one time my mom and brother were sitting outside at night, and said they heard what sounded like a man imitating an animal growling. Going out to investigate, they saw two glowing eyes under one of the bushes. Whatever it was, it ran off, and my mom and brother ran after it.
4. And another time, my dog started barking out the window, (again, at night) so my brother went to see what it was, and saw this “short, hairy creature with two legs, running across the street.”