Connecting to our past and human nature
Since we live in a society we get further away from what’s natural to us. Of course society brought us amazing comfort and a lot more safety. We have ways to treat illnesses and science is developing quickly. But for individual people this lifestyle isn’t really natural. I thought I might share some ideas on how to reconnect with our own human nature:
- Spend time outside -This one is extremely obvious so moving on…
- Grow your own food -You don’t have to be completely self sustainable nor you have to grow most of your food. Even one tomato plant is enough. Just grow something to feel and see what it takes to get food.
- Get your heart rate up while moving -You can go jogging, you can do some kind of sport or you can just jump around. Either way, get your blood flowing.
- Exist around other people -This is weirdly put, I know, but what I meant by it is to do your own thing in the presence of someone else. It can be you reading while they do something or just sleep by someone’s side. Just spend time with other people without it being your main focus
- Spend time in groups, preferably family -Don’t worry, chosen family always counts. Just try to spend time in groups.
- Tell stories and make art -This is one of the very few things special to humans.
- Walk -Just walk places sometimes okay?
- Eat fruit and vegetables -Even better if you choose kinds growing in your country.
I hope you like at least some of these and have a nice day.