Random headcanons - Far Cry 5 & Far Cry New Dawn
These are going by what I think personally. Plus since I said she, my deputy is female, but can apply to male ones as well. Just a foreboding message to whoever reads this.
1. The deputy listens to sound of the ocean and thunder to get to sleep at night.
2. Staci and Joey finally going out at some point before the game ends, because I imagine them being together.
3. Whitehorse checking on Pratt for what it might feel like every five minutes. Even though The Junior Deputy is in the background setting themeselves on fire for the fifth time that day. No, not on purpose either.
4. The deputy always wanting to fight someone or something. Yes, even after 17 years later. She’s always wanting to fight someone or something, somewhere.
5. The deputy being mutilated in a horrific form, nailed to a cross for a while. It’s also what I got from what Tracey said about Rook in Far Cry New Dawn.
6. Whitehorse, Hudson and Pratt’s graves are in a Forrest surrounded by a field of flowers. Flowers that mutated due to the nuclear holocaust. Rook goes out there to maintain it while Joseph and Ethan would argue. Only to return one to two weeks later.
7. Whitehorse is/was the mediator when the deputies argued about something longer than people were comfortable with.
8. Rook is envious of both Staci and Joey for finally finding peace. When she can’t find it herself.
9. Rook often had night terrors, the ones that were your waking up screaming your lungs out and terrified.
10. Staci Pratt often gets flowers from the people of hope county, not just flowers. But baked goods, after he escaped Jacob. Not beforehand. But also before the whole cult thing happened. Not just him though, Joey and Whitehorse were given them as well.
11. I imagine Rook and Staci being pitted against each other, compared, etc. Not by the people of hope county. Oh no, not by them. By Jacob and often by The Chosen. Fighting pits were established to test out the abilities of the ones Jacob wanted to be as his chosen. Although the idea wasn’t Jacobs at the time. It was the idea frequently talked about among the peggies.
12. Rook thought of ways she could have died in moments between kidnappings. Which lead to her having more night terrors.
13. Joey and Staci is smaller than Rook, height wise. But both a small people full of energy and anger.
14. Rook thrives on large amounts of coffee, which also means she is throughly addicted to caffeine, caffeinated beverages. But not alcoholic ones. As they just don’t keep her awake, they make her exhausted instead.
15. Rook, gets more and more unhinged over time. Which is why she doesn’t talk much, whenever she does it’s rather blunt and straight to the point. Staci, Joey and Whitehorse has to coax her into talking about herself more. As she’s new to this kind of work. Thus, she’s freaking out in ways she didn’t know she would.
16. When Rook gets pissed, annoyed, etc. She goes on a rampage on the likes she never been on, so she’s rampaging. Which is followed by a trail of dead peggies like at the start. So if wanted to find her, just wait for a rampage and you’d find her really quickly. Just wait a while before you approach her.
17. Sharky, Hurk and Rook have had multiple drinking competitions. Which is weird because she’s been able to aim sober and drunk once before. Boasting that they never saw it, they like to pull her leg and it goes from there. In a really weird way.
18. Rook likes to practice, practice, practice until it becomes a routine that she could do in her sleep. She is often found in the weirdest places asleep or trying to get a few hours of sleep before moving off again in a few hours.
19. The motto of “Hunt. Train. Kill. Sacrifice.” has been said enough times for both Staci and Rook to say it in their sleep.
20. After a while Rook had considered quitting her job, mainly because of the body count she started getting. It wasn’t something she wanted to drag her co-workers down with. If had ended far more peacefully and happier than it did.
21. Hurk told Rook about Sharky’s furry suit incident. Rook hasn’t been able to approach him since.
22. Sharky, Hurk still insist on the cult named after Hurk. Now all they had to do is get Rook back into agreeing to join again.
23. Rook sleeps facing the wall, so no one wakes up looking at her face. Finding out who she is and telling everyone else. Which was harder than she thought it would be and ended up making her own hideout somewhere away from New Eden. She’d be there a few hours during the day, every day. But she’d leave at the end of it, to her home away from home.