I recently watched a quick YouTube video talking about this super simple detoxifying water recipe, so with the new year here I decided to give it a shot. The idea behind it is that it will cleanse the blood stream of harmful microorganisms and leave you feeling fresh and clean on the inside. As well as tasting AMAZING!
1 medium lemon - sliced thinly
half a cucumber - sliced
a few sprigs of fresh mint to taste
Toss items into a pitcher and cover with water, let stand anywhere from 5-12 hours before consuming so the favors can really settle into the water. Drink 6-8 cups a day for 5-7 days and you will feel such a significant difference in your body and energy levels. This is my new addiction and I highly recommend trying it!
detox water is a great way to lose weight. you get the sweetness of the fruit and veggies, plus some vitamins and antioxidants without any calories or artificial sugars! here’s some of my favorite combinations:
- grapefruit & mint
- apple, lemon & mint
- orange, lemon & mint
- kiwi, cucumber & mint
- lemon, celery & cucumber
- pomegranate, strawberry & mint
- mint, rosemary, lemon & cucumber
- berries, kiwi & orange
- cucumber, lime & kiwi
- mango & ginger
- grapefruit & lemon
- blood orange, grape & mint
- apple & cinnamon
good combinations usually include berries, some citrus, and some herbs. i really like to add mint because it’s really refreshing, and berries are sweet. the citrus adds a little tang. fill up a big big water bottle with the fruit, fill it with water, refill it throughout the day until you can’t taste the fruit anymore. i do one or two days a week where i only drink detox water. you can also make it with sparkling water if you like carbonation! stay motivated xx
We have all been hearing the benefits of drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day. Its great for weight loss, hydrating your body and flushing out toxins. I initially used to struggle with gulping down 8 glasses of water each day and therefore have been reading a lot about infused waters and spa waters. They not only add great taste and flavor to water but also have numerous health benefits. Check out the recipe of this yummy infused water.
1) Strawberries - Strawberries are great for the skin. Their extracts are used in branded cleansers, face washes, masks, exfoliators and so on. They act as an excellent skin cleanser and provides a glow to your complexion. The vitamin C and antioxidants present in strawberries are great anti aging agents. Apart from skin benefits, strawberries also have other health benefits such as it helps build immunity and is very good for eyes and digestion.
2) Lemons - Lemons help cleanse your system by flushing out the toxins from the body and also aids in cleansing the liver. It also helps aid digestion. Lemon water is great for the skin because of its cleansing, detoxifying, antibiotic and antioxidant effects.
3) Mint Leaves - Mint leaves add a nice refreshing and minty flavor to water. Moreover, it also aids digestion, improves the flow of bile from the liver to the gallbladder, to the small intestine, where it breaks down dietary fats. Mint also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.
There is no reason why you must not try this :) I will be inking down few more recipes for detox waters!