From the Hindi language Sanskrit, Chakra means a spinning wheel of energy and there are seven major spinning energy centers within our body where energy flows through. These Chakra’s correspond to the seven glands in the endocrine system… lets dive deep into these seven energy centers
Root (Muladhara) Red
The first Chakra is the Root Chakra or the Muladhara which is located at the base of the coccyx and is symbolised with a lotus with four petals and the symbol is red. This Chakra is all about survival and your feeling of being grounded in the present moment and as it is the first center and located at the base of the coccyx, it symbols the start of new life i.e. pregnancy… but in particular the start of our spiritual development. The element associated with this Chakra is Earth and the organs associated with it are the Vertebral Column, Foot, Blood, Leg, Bone, Skeleton.
What closes the Root Chakra?
- Money problems
- Insecurity problems
- When you are disconnected from your body.
What opens the Root Chakra?
- When you move more into your body. For example, are you always living upstairs and always overthinking all the time… the key is to get back into your body and listen to your body more.
- Physical exercise like walking, yoga, skating. These will make you feel more grounded and more secure within your body. Studies have been going on at Harvard and they found that walking barefoot every day improves your health as your skin is grounded and in touch with nature. Our body is full of negative and positive ions, when you have an excess of positive ions you become sick…the surface of the earth is full of negative ions so it balances out the Root Chakra.
Sacral (Svadhisthana) Orange
The second Chakra is the Sacral Chakra or the Svadhisthana which is located above the Root Chakra in the lower abdomen about two inches below the navel and is symbolised by a four petal lotus flower which is orange. This chakra is all about creativity and your feeling of being creative and productive. The element associated with this Chakra is Water and the organs associated with it are Kidneys, Reproductive System, Genitals and Urinary Bladder.
What closes the Sacral Chakra?
- When you lose your paintbrush and your creative and productive spark.
What opens your Sacral Chakra?
- When you are open to embrace your sexuality and not thinking that sexuality is something negative.
- You also appreciate your body and you love the skin that your in
- Appreciating your creative energies.
- Start to get intimate with your body… get to know what your body feels and how your body reacts to certain stimuli. Experimentation with your body is the key here to create boundaries and dos and don'ts.
Solar Plexus (Manipura) Yellow
The third Chakra is the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipira which is located above the Sacrel Chakra and just above the navel, this is symbolised by an eight petal lotus flower which is yellow. This Chakra is all about digestion which corresponds to the Pancreas Organ and Adrenal Gland. The element associated with this Chakra is Fire and the organ associated are Liver, Pancreas, Stomach, Lungs, Adrenel Glands, the Human Digestive System and the Large Intestine.
What closes your Solar Plexus Chakra
- Digestive issues
What opens your Solar Plexus Chakra
- Be more confident in who you are
- Learning how to trust yourself
- Learning to raise your self-esteem by knowing you are worthy and by living your life purpose every day
- Learn to relax more; relaxed is what we are and stressed is what we think we should be
- Go with your gut feelings
- Breathing Exercises
Heart (Anahata) Green
The fourth Chakra is the Heart Chakra or Anahata which is located at the center of the chest at heart level and is symbolised as a lotus flower with twelve petals which are green. This Chakra is all about love and kindness to yourself and other people. The element associated with this Chakra is Air and the organs associated are Heart, Lungs and the Circulatory System.
What closes your Heart Chakra
- Feelings of Guilt
- Feelings of Loss
- Feelings of Sadness
- When you are closed off from other human beings because of your ego
- A lot of us are out of our heart space because you are heart broken, crushed and if a relationship didn’t go the way you wanted it to
What opens your Heart Chakra
- Learn how to give and receive compliments open and freely
- Daily acts of gratitude and kindness towards yourself and other people
- A ‘Hearty’ meal consisting of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds etc. I will be doing a post later (High Vibrational Diet) about a high vibrational diet which is also important for healing all Chakras
- Be open to loving relationships
Throat (Vishuddha) Blue
The fifth Chakra is the Throat Chakra or Vishuddha which is located in the neck and is symbolised as a lotus flower with sixteen petals which are blue. This Chakra is about voice and how well you communicate. The element associated with this Chakra is Akasha (Space) and the organs associated are Thyroid Gland, Neck, Shoulder, Mouth, Arm, Teeth, Cervical Vertebrae, Parathyroid Gland, Vocal Folds and Esophagus.
What closes your Throat Chakra
- You don’t talk because you feel people more not like or judge what you have to say
What opens your Throat Chakra
- Become more expressive
- Become more talkative
- Don’t be afraid to communicate your true feelings
- Don’t be afraid to talk about whatever you want
- Learn to realise that everything you have to say is important
- Be around people who want to listen what you have to say
- Realise that you are worthy of being heard
- The more you are around people that want to listen to you, the more your Throat Chakra will open
Third Eye (Ajna) Indigo
The sixth Chakra is the Third Eye Chakra or Ajna which is located between the eyebrows behind your forehead and is symbolised as a lotus flower with two petals and is indigo. This Chakra is all about imagination and intuitiveness. The organs associated with this Chakra are Pineal Gland, Pituitary Gland, Eyes, Brain, Nervous System and Ears.
What closes your Third Eye Chakra
- Lack of imagination and when you are so rooted in knowledge, books and heavy information
What opens your Third Eye Chakra
- When you are in the realm of imagination
- When you are listening to your intuition which links back your emotions and inner guidance system
- Meditation… Dr Sara Lazar from Harvard talks about how meditation can change you whole brain structure and we become healthier because of it and we are tapping into realms, non physical realms and we are in essence becoming our greatest version.
Crown (Sahasrara) Purple
The seventh Chakra is the Crown Chakra or Sahasrara which is located on the crown of your head and is symbolised as a lotus flower with a thousand petals and is purple. This Chakra is all about spirituality. The organs associated with this Chakra is the Pineal Gland, Pituitary Gland and the Nervous System.
What closes our Crown Chakra
- Calcified Pineal Gland; I will write a post (Pineal Gland) about how to decalcify/calcify your pineal gland and why this is important to us.
- Not enough Melatonin and Serotonin
- You not believing in any of this spirituality stuffmeaning you are blocking your blessing
What opens your Crown Chakra
- Decalcified Pineal Gland
- Melatonin and Serotonin (You can get Seratonin form Bananas and Melatonin is a precursor to Tryptophan which can be found in Cacao). I will be discussing more of this in my posts: Pineal Gland and High Vibrational Diet
- Being open to new information; this is the master gland that governs all the other glands
- Realising your connection to source energy and that you are an infinite being
- Surround yourself with people that see you as your highest self i.e. they don’t talk down on you
- When you are doing what you love every day and you live your true life’s purpose…. I will be doing a post about how to find your true life’s purpose
- When you realise that every day is another day of becoming your greatest version
- Learn to appreciate the gift and blessing of life
Much Love to all… There are many deep waters out there!!.. go in peace my friends :)