natgeo Video by @ronan_donovan // The lingering twilight in the far north illuminates the evening commute of this Atlantic puffin colony in Scotland. The adults spend most their day at sea, sometimes flying more than 60 miles in order to find shoals of small fish to dive on. They’ll then bring home a beak full of fish for their single chick that’s been tucked away in a burrow. Turn the sound 🔉on for this one and listen to the wings and bodies whizzing by!!
SUNMOON POKEDDEX CHALLENGE DAY 24 - Favourite Starter: Rowlet line
The Alola starters were a nice bunch all in all, but my heart was sold to the owls long before I even saw the evolutions. I really like the typing and the concept. Dartrix is definitely my favourite of the line, Decidueye was a bit underwhelming in terms of design and battle qualities (Primarina wins the place for the best last stage) but overall this family is just great.
Nothing very surprising in terms of interpretation! Just some barn owl and pueo owl here. The way I figured the “leaf” parts is the most surprising one, if you can say that. Instead of being leaves that just grow on the Pokemon’s bodies they’d be just feathers but with a different cellular structure so they can do photosynthesis. There’s this one bird that has iron in its wings, giving them either a bright red or alternatively a greenish colour, which is really cool. I think the Rowlet family could have either smaller plant growths or chlorophyll on the feathers, instead of them being separate plants. Whichever works better!
10 amazing animals you’ve never heard of before - but need to hear about now as some are endangered
1. Okapi - found in Central Africa. Endangered
2. Quoll - native to Australia and New Guinea. Threatened
3. Mara - native to South America. Threatened
4. Rock hyrax - native to sub-saharan Africa and South Africa. Not threatened
5. Dhole - native to Asia. Endangered
6. Japanese dwarf flying squirrel. Not threatened
7. Ring-tailed coati - native to South america. Not threatened
8. Pink fairy armadillo - native to Argentina. Currently no conservation status
9. Marble fox - native to Canada. Endangered
10. Australian golden possum. Not threatened