OKAY. SO. I totally underestimated how heavy my workload is at the moment, so this is kicking off a little later than I’d originally planned- I’m sorry about that! I’ve finally found some time to write up an official-ish post for the Zombies, Run Art Exchange, so if you’re still interested in playing, here’s what to do.
To sign up, shoot me a message at email@example.com with the following deets:
- Your username on Tumblr (or deviantArt, or wherever- I just need an online handle).
- At least five different prompts. If you can, it’d be good to keep it at least a little open to interpretation to give your ZRAX buddy some wiggle room. You can request characters, ships, scenarios, AUs, certain types of media, etc, andI’ll try and match you guys up. Given there’s only a handful on us here, I can’t really guarantee an absolute perfect fit, but I promise I’ll do my best.
- What you’d like to offer for the exchange. It can be anything, from drawing/painting to cosplay to fan videos* to cross-stitching to Shoebox Project style letters to, I don’t know, macaroni sculptures of the Radio Boyfriends. So long as it’s visual and you’re able to fulfill at least one of the prompts your assigned ZRAX buddy has provided, we should be good to go! If you can, try to keep it as open as possible to make it easier for us to pair you guys up.
- Anything you would be uncomfortable doing (e.g. gore, porn, certain ships, characters, AUs or tropes, or mediums you’re not comfortable working in- really, anything you’d rather avoid.)
- Anything you’d rather not receive. Same as above, really!
The deadline for getting your applications in is the 9th of August, and we’ll be kicking off the actual art exchange on the 15th of August! I’ll be sending out your prompts then (all anonymous style so we can have a totally kick-ass reveal at the end), and you’ll have until the 30th of September to get your fills completed. On the 3rd of October, I’ll be sending out everyone’s fills for the reveal, and that’s when you guys can upload your work and share the love!
If you think you’ll be needing a pinch-hitter, PLEASE let me know at least a week in advance. We don’t want anyone to miss out!
ETA: I figure this probably goes without saying, considering the Zombies, Run! fandom is pretty much the sweetest fandom I’ve ever been in, but don’t be a dick. No crappy comments about other people’s prompts or fills, and no homophobia, racism, sexism or general shitty bigotry. Be cool, guys! Be cool.
And… that’s it! If I’ve missed anything, or if you guys need any clarification, please feel free to send me an ask or a message at that email address. Thanks! ♥
*Fan videos are awesome, provided they’re not just talking heads or reaction videos to missions. Those are great, but not really appropriate for this kinda thing, I think.