do you have a list of peer review papers about homosexuality in animals? :) is hard to me find real info, without find a lot of pseudoscience papers against that
Lmao buddy I have a whole database of over 150 papers on animal homosexuality (between 2008-2018) for some research I did at the start of the year, I don’t want to make it public just yet cause I really want to try and publish it.
I’d recommend anything written by Marlene Zuk or Paul Vasey and I’d recommend getting your hands on a copy of Biological Exuberance by Bruce Bagemihl.
As for specific papers, here are a few I’d recommend:
- Zuk M, Bailey N (2008). Birds gone wild: same-sex parenting in albatross. Trends in Ecology and Evolution. 23(12): 658-660
- Kawatsu K, Matsuura K. (2013). Preadaptation for parthenogenetic colony foundation in subterranean termites Reticulitermes spp. (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae). Journal of Ethology. 31(2): 123-128
- Young L, VanderWerf E. (2013). Adaptive value of same-sex pairing in Laysan albatross. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 281(1775)
- Vasey P, Leca J, Gunst N, Vanderlaan D. (2014). Female homosexual behavior in a new group of Japanese macaques: evolutionary implications. Neuroscience Biobehavioral Reviews. 46: 573 -578
- Laca J, Gunst N, Huffman M, Vasey P. (2015). Effect of Female-Biased Sex Ratios on Female Homosexual Behavior in Japanese Macaques: Evidence for the “Bisexual Preference Hypothesis”. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 44(8): 2125-2138