old fashioned pancakes! there’s nothing more gratifying than eating delicious pancakes and knowing they didn’t come out of a box. delicious!
this recipe made about 10 pancakes.
tip: to know your pancakes are ready to flip, the top of the pancake will start to bubble a bit
total amount of time: ~30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.