Introducing Gaybro, a distro for nontraditional queer boys
I’ve never run a distro before. I’ve never even thought of selling my own zines. But seeing as there are distros for every niche interest you could possibly think of, I’ve decided to open mine just as a pop-up shop in the winter of next year.
ATTENTION ALL QUEER BOYS (CIS and NON-CIS)
I want your zines!
If you’re looking to find a greater audience for your work, I can take your zines on consignment and sell them here in beautiful Portland, Oregon and on the Internet.
I really want zines that address the following
- growing up gay
- coming out
- being in a nontraditional body (fat, skinny, muscular, femme, &c)
- growing up gay as a person of color
- being trans or generally non-cisgendered
- zines about place, time, memory
- zines about being bicultural or bilingual
- being a poor gay person (aren’t we all?)
- poetry chapbooks
- assorted claptrap
- pillow books (like my own zine, Galván in Portland)
- anything else you can think of!
At some point I want to start selling the pretty things you make, too. Stickers, patches, buttons, and the like. And of course I’ll be selling my own zine, Galván in Portland!
You should totally anon me or send an email to email@example.com. I’m looking for advice from well-heeled disto owners on how to maintain a distro. I really want to give voice to non-white, non-trad queer guys like myself who
feel a need to advance their own agenda want to be part of a conversation about race, class, gender and sexuality in a welcoming way.
Or, conversely, drop me a line (or send your zine!) to:
6300 Barclay St.
West Linn, OR 97068