Not many people (actually no one besides who lives here) know that poland has a very developed skincare market. A lot of my favorite products are polish and irreplaceable by any other western products.
1. Etja olejek z dzikiej róży (rosehip oil) and olejek konopny (hempseed oil) Its like 15 zl and its so good. When buying plant seed oils every single company and batch has different ones, these dont clog my pores and have a very pleasant fresh smell even though they have no added fragrance. Theyre very inexpensive as well and last very long.
2. fitokosmetic zielona glina (green clay), 5 zl. Its my favorite face mask ever, i love to mix this with aloe juice. If youre got a lot of sebaceous filaments and oily skin this is something that will prevent a lot of future sebum build up. Youve got to moisturise directly after the use.
3. Le'maadr glycolic acid 12%. 44zl. They often come in 2 for 1 packs and u can get them at superpharm. Its such a good formula and for starters its a good once a week peeling. Since ive tried adepalene for a month my skin can currenly tolerate this daily. It lasts a looong time eventho the packaging is p small and it gives direct results.
4. Pharmaceris 0.3% retinol, 80zl. I used to apply this all over my face and it didt break me out, now i do under my eyes and on my lips because im using other exfoliants currently. Its very moisturising and very pleasant on the skin.
5. Sylveco chamomile sensitive face wash gel. 18zl. Ive mentioned this one in my gentle face wash post its the only cleanser that doesnt break me out and it does a great job at removing whiteheads.
6. Ziajka dla dzieci Płyn do mycia włosów i ciała. 10zl. This is a great gentle cleanser for damaged hair an eczema prone skin on the body. I also use this one every time i have foster kittens to wash them without damaging their thin kitten skin. Its also ver cheap for a big ass bottle.
7. Pharmaceris 10% mandelic acid. 40 zl. This is a great daily exfoliant, great formula and does a good job at lowering the skins ph. Its a very gentle exfoliant which works well for sensitive skin.
8. Ziajka wodoodporna emulsja do opalania spf 50. 20 zl. Its a great sunscreen that doesnt break me out, it contains zinc oxide so it does cause a white cast but its pleasant to reapply and calming to the skin, surprisingly.
9. Ziaja dermatologiczna kuracja AZS natłuszczająca emulsja do ciała. 15 zl. This whole line by ziaja is new and its sublime. Theyve finally released some good ass solid formulas. I couldnt find it online but theyve also got a good toner and oil cleanser for the body. But this moisturiser contains 3 ceramides and cholesterol. It gives you a matte glow and its so pleasant to apply. It moisturises without making you look greasy, its great for the body and the face. Im suspecting it broke me out a bit so i use it on the dry areas of my skin only currently. But god this formula is really sublime and its a big ass fucking pump bottle of 400ml for 15zl or less.
If youre not Polish but planning to go, look for these products in pharmacies. You will find a lot of gems for cheap especially hyaluronic acids and hydrating gels and emulsions. Seriously Poland is a goldmine for amazing and cheap skincare formulas. A lot of products i like i couldnt find online. Theres also way more options for you if you arent acne prone or sensitive.
Cannas work well in containers- don’t spread that way!- & this one with the burgundy striped leaves really makes a great fall statement. I like the zinc looking container too. Great planting combo with the grass, coleus, & highlights of orange.
Before making any elixir or charging any water, it is a good idea to double check for any possible toxicity that may occur, if using several stones in combination, for elemental reactions between the stones. In fact, it would be best if each stone charges in its own container of water as opposed to putting four or five stones in the same container.
Crystals and chemical compositions to be aware of. -
Actinolite – Fibrous form is a type of asbestos. Not recommended for elixirs.
Adamite – Contains Arsenic (Arsenate) and trace amounts of copper which is toxic
Ajoite – Contains Aluminum, Copper
Alexandrite – Contains Aluminum
Amazonite – Trace amounts of Copper which is toxic
Amblygonite – Contains Aluminum
Andaluscite – Contains Aluminum
Atacamite – Contains poisonous/toxic Copper
Auricalcite – Contains Zinc and Copper which is toxic
Aventurine – Contains Aluminum
Axinite– Contains Aluminum, Iron
Azurite – Contains Copper, Toxic
Bastnaesite – The chemical makeup of Bastnaesite does contain toxic elements which can react when combined with water.
Beryl Group (Aquamarine, Goshenite, Heliodor, Morganite) – Contains Aluminum
Brazilianite – Contains Aluminum–not recommended to use in its raw form
Bronchantite – Copper Hydrated Sulphate, Toxic
Boji Stones (Kansas Pop Rocks, aka Concretin) – Contains Sulfur, Pyrite and/or Marcasite which is toxic (*also could be a fire hazard)
Chalcopyrite – AKA Peacock Ore contains copper and sulfur which can be toxic
Chrysoberyl – Contains Aluminum
Chrysocolla – Contains poisonous/toxic copper. Safe for handling but not for use in elixirs.
Cinnabar – Contains mercury which can be poisonous/toxic Wash hands after holding. Do not touch hands to eyes or mouth while holding.
Conichalcite – Contains poisonous/toxic copper
Copper – Poisonous
Covellite – Contains poisonous/toxic Copper
Crocoite–Contains poisonous/toxic levels of Chromium. Do not touch hands to eyes or mouth while holding. Do not ingest.
Cuprite– Contains poisonous/toxic copper. Wash hands after holding. Do not touch hands to eyes or mouth while holding.
Dalmatian Jasper – Contains Aluminum
Dioptase – Contains poisonous/toxic copper. Safe for handling but not for use in elixirs.
Dumortierite – Contains Aluminum
Emerald – Contains Aluminum
Epidote – Contains Aluminum
Feldspar Group – (Labradorite, Moonstone, Orthoclase, etc) Contains Aluminum
Galena – Contains high amounts of lead which can be poisonous
Gem Silica – Contains poisonous/toxic copper. Safe for handling but not for use in elixirs.
Halite – Unfit for elixir use – will dissolve in water
Hematite – Unfit for elixir use – will rust with prolonged exposure in liquid
Hiddenite (Spodumene)– Contains Aluminum
Idocrase – Contains Aluminum
Iolite – Contains Aluminum
Jadeite – Contains Aluminum and Iron
Kyanite – Contains Aluminum
Labradorite – Contains Aluminum
Lapis Lazuli – Contains Sulfur and possible Pyrite inclusions which are poisonous
Lazulite – Contains Aluminum
Lazurite – Contains Aluminum, Sulfur
Lepidolite – Contains Aluminum
Magnetite – Iron will rust, DO NOT use in elixirs or charging water
Malachite – Contains poisonous/toxic copper
Marcasite – Marcasite with time and exposure to oxygen, may form a white powdery substance/residue which is poisonous/toxic Sulfuric Acid.) If this occurs you should not wear next to the skin or touch. Not recommended for Elixirs.
Mica – Contains Aluminum
Moonstone – Contains Aluminum
Morganite – Contains Aluminum
Muscovite – Contains Aluminum
Orpiment – HIGHLY TOXIC levels of Arsenic. Wash hands after use, keep away from CHILDREN!! Do not put hands near eyes or mouth before washing hands.
Pargasite – contains Aluminum so it is not recommended for elixirs or immersing in water to charge it.
Pietersite – Similar to Tiger’s Eye. Fibrous form contains asbestos. Not recommended to use raw forms for elixirs.
Prehnite – Contains Aluminum
Psilomelane – Contains poisonous/toxic Barium
Pyrite – Pyrite may contain intermixed Marcasite. The Marcasite with time and exposure to oxygen, may form a white powdery substance/residue which is poisonous/toxic Sulfuric Acid.) If this occurs you should not wear next to the skin or touch. Not recommended for Elixirs.
Quantum stone/Quantum Quattro Silica – Contains poisonous/toxic copper
Realgar **– HIGHLY TOXIC levels of Arsenic. Wash hands after use, keep away from CHILDREN!! Do not put hands near eyes or mouth before washing hands.
Ruby – Contains Aluminum
Sapphire – Contains Aluminum
Scapolite – Contains Aluminum
Schorl – Contains Aluminum
Selenite – Unfit for internal ingestion–tiny shards may break off in water
Serpentine – Fibrous forms are asbestos. Wash hands after use. Not recommended in elixir preparation.
Smithsonite – Contains zinc and may contain copper (green Smithsonite) Safe for handling but may be Poisonous/toxic when used in elixirs.
Sodalite – Contains Aluminum
Spinel – Contains Aluminum
Spodumene – Contains Aluminum
Staurolite - -Contains Aluminum and Iron
Stibnite – Contains lead and antimony. Not recommended for elixirs.
Stilbite – Contains Aluminum
Sugilite – Contains Aluminum
Sulfur – Contains poisonous Sulfur
Sunstone – Contains Aluminum
Tanzanite – Gem variety of Zoisite. Zoisite contains Aluminum.
Tiger Eye – Fibrous form contains asbestos. Not recommended to use raw forms for elixirs.
Topaz – Contains Aluminum
Torbenite – Radioactive
Tourmaline – Contains Aluminum
Tremolite – Fibrous forms are asbestos. Not recommended for Elixirs. Wash hands after use.
Turquoise – Contains poisonous/toxic copper and Aluminum. Safe for handling but not for use in elixirs.
Ulexite – Contains toxic Boron
Unakite – Contains Aluminum and may also contain Zirconium (Radioactive)
Vanadinite – Contains poisonous Vanadium
Variscite – Contains Aluminum
Vesuvianite – Contains Aluminum
Wavellite – Contains Aluminum
Wulfenite – Contains poisonous Lead & Molybdenum. Safe for handling but not for use in elixirs.
HAVE YOU SEEN COSMOPOLITANS ARTICLE ON VEGETARIANS ON SNAPCHAT??!?? Im so angry 😡😡😡😡😡
Omg ok I couldn’t help myself I had to look at it and now I’m raging
1. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ABOUT VITAMIN D?? Some absolute nutcase obviously wrote this article because I LOVE how there is absolutely no mention of the fact that our bodies synthesise vitamin D from sunlight?!?!?!?
2. Zinc and iron - OK the author is obviously assuming that when it comes to nutrients, more is better. Animal products are higher in these nutrients so therefore they must be better for us? NOT the case. Iron toxicity is extremely common in meat eaters, in fact Chris my boyfriend used to suffer from it himself before going vegan. It is also common for meat eaters to suffer iron deficiency (it is the most common deficiency world wide), so I don’t know where they get off assuming that only vegetarians and vegans are at risk.
ALSO, the author is not taking into consideration that our bodies absorb different amounts of nutrients depending on the source… The amount of zinc contained in beef and iron might be higher than in plant sources, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t absorb the plant source better??
3. The anxiety and depression thing is absolute bullshit. Hey, I’m not the one eating ACTUAL CORTISOL (the stress hormone) ingrained in the dead flesh of the petrified animal that was just murdered so you can eat it. And they also conveniently failed to mention that B12 is produced by bacteria, AND that farmed animals are often injected with or fed B12 supplements, so it is not a valid argument against vegetarianism and veganism.
4. Eating disorders?? Are you really gonna put that on vegos and vegan’s only? Most of the people I know with eating disorders and food obsessions still eat copious amounts of animal products, thank you very much. This is some Jordan Younger bullshit all over again
6 frozen bananas, 250 g fresh spinach and a small amount of water. The frozen bananas easily overpower the spinach… but I actually really like spinach-flavoured ice cream, so I seem to be adding more and more spinach each time just to get the flavour to come through! :p
Key nutritional content for this meal:
PROTEIN: 15 g overall
LIPIDS: 0.5 g omega 3
VITAMINS: 0.4 mg B1, 1 mg B2, 6.5 mg B3, 2.5 mg B5 and 3.1 mg B6, 626 µg follate, 3975 IU vitamin A, 131 mg vitamin C, 5.8 mg vitamin E, 1210 µg vitamin K
How are those beans and rice healthy? There is nothing healthy about the white rice pictured in the photo.
Though brown rice is a better option, neither white rice nor beans are unhealthy.
White rice falls within the carbohydrate food group, with 85% of its makeup being carbohydrate, 7% fat and 8% protein, as well as offering a wide array of amino acids. White rice is very low in fat and has a higher protein quality at 66% than corn at 49% and whole wheat at 53%. One cup of white rice provides your body with 5 grams of protein and 205 calories.
Rice is a low cholesterol and low fat food that has been used as a part of many diet programs because of its nutritional makeup. Throughout Asia, white rice is a staple food that is eaten every day, and in many cases, at every meal.
Beans and other legumes offer many health benefits, but some people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) are especially sensitive to the fiber in legumes, and experience discomfort after eating them. So if you suffer from IBS and they’re problematic, you’ll want to limit them in your diet.
Most beans are high in soluble fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, and protein. Common varieties of beans include black beans, kidney beans, lima beans, navy beans, pinto beans, white beans, soybeans (edamame), and garbanzo beans (chickpeas).
Black beans pack in a good amount of protein, soluble fiber, folate, iron, potassium, and other heart-healthy nutrients. They are also rich in magnesium, so they can help ward off migraine headaches.
In addition to their other heart-healthy nutrients, kidney beans contain vitamin C, an antioxidant that is responsible for the production of collagen, a component of cartilage. This vitamin helps prevent and manage arthritis and contributes to healthy skin and hair. Vitamin C has also been shown to help reduce the risk and progression of macular degeneration. Kidney beans also contain niacin, a B vitamin that may prevent cataracts. And like black beans, they are rich in magnesium, so they may have additional health benefits for people who suffer from migraines.
Garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) and lima beans are high in zinc. Besides zinc, garbanzo beans contain migraine-fighting magnesium, vitamin B6, and they’re exceptionally high in folate.
Since white beans are a good nondairy source of calcium, they can help maintain strong bones and fight PMS symptoms. They’re also rich in quercetin, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant that helps prevent and manage arthritis and guard against memory loss.
I am Mexican and I grew up eating plenty of rice and beans. And I was a very healthy child, and I’m still am a very healthy adult.
I appreciate your opinion, but before you deem any food healthy or unhealthy
Eat your way to good sex
Chili peppers can spice things up a bit. These fiery veggies increase your blood flow, which means more blood is flowing to all the right body parts. They can also increase your physical sensations.
The ancient Aztecs were on to something when they coined avocado trees “testicle trees.” The folic acid and potassium present in this food enhances sexual pleasure for men and women.
Raw cacao nibs are loaded with phenyl ethylamine, which is the hormone released during sex.
Goji berries possess the capability of enhancing the human libido. In Asian countries, these berries have traditionally been used as a sexual tonic, which helps to improve the sex drive in both women and men
The goji berry has properties which increase the testosterone levels in women as well as men which is extremely important for a better sex life.
Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which is important in testosterone production for men and also helps to sustain sexual desire in women. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in the essential fatty acid omega 3, which acts as a precursor of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that play a key role in sexual health. Word on the street is that a diet rich in pumpkin seeds will enhance potency, drive and fertility.
Though with a strong unpleasant odor, garlic has been a successful aphrodisiac from ancient times. The Chinese and the Indians were using it in their treatments for solving sexual problems and their medical systems are still making use of them for enhancing sex.
considered an excellent food to ramp up sexual stimulation
is known by many as Peru’s natural Viagra. Apparently this natural root has been known throughout Peru’s history as a sex enhancing root passed down by the Inca.
the maca plant is used by the Peruvian culture to increase strength, stamina, energy, fertility and libido.
Fruits like watermelon can increase your sex drive naturally. Watermelon’s flesh and rind contain a chemical called Citruline that not only helps your sex drive but also has health benefits for your heart.
ginger :increases blood flow, especially to the sexual organs. It also warms you up, and it smells a lot better than garlic
Skin myths… True or false? Fact or fiction? Find out here.
Skin Myth #43 True or False? You don’t need to moisturise oily skin.
FALSE: Most people think if they have oily skin they don’t need to use a moisturiser, but actually they need to use a moisturiser just as much as any other person. In fact, not using a moisturiser can make your skin even oilier, as your skin may start to produce more oil to combat any dryness.
It’s all about choosing the right product. Try using a light weight, oil free product like Simple® Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser so that your skin gets the necessary hydration it needs without adding unnecessary oil to your skin. It contains Zinc PCA (the fancy official name) to absorb excess oil and help keep skin shine-free all day long.
Recommended by simple®
Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser Great for helping you achieve clearer skin. The oil control formula gives you long lasting shine control.
Kind to Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser SPF15 Protect against those UV rays. Non greasy, quick absorption yet leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser A great light moisturiser, to help keep your skin replenished and hydrated.