The internet is outraged over tragic loss of #CeciltheLion and for a very good reason – He was illegally poached by American, #WalterPalmer. Walt is a rich older white guy, a dentist, a big game hunter and – you guessed it – a major fucking douchebag. Here’s why:
1) He paid $50K to kill, skin, and behead a treasured African icon. Walt is apparently flush in murder money.
2) Palmer and team lured the great animal out of a protected reserve with bait and spot light to kill him. Illegal? You can say that again.
3) Cecil suffered for over 40 hours before Palmer tracked him down and finally killed him – for a trophy. Sickening.
4) Palmer was previously sentenced to a year of probation after lying about where he killed a black bear in Wisconsin a few years back. Walt clearly isn’t new to this game.
5) Palmer often goes after endangered big game, even killing a WHITE RHINO.
6) There are tons of photos circulating of Palmer posing with his dead endangered trophies. Google it if you want to see a grown man hugging bloody animal caucuses.
7) Cecil was part of longterm Oxford study and a major tourist attraction in Zimbabwe. The already hurting economy will surely suffer more.
8) Conservationists say that Cecil’s 5 cubs will likely be killed by the new Alpha male. So Walt really killed 6 lions in this illegal endeavor.
9) Locals serve 2-5 years for illegal poaching, but charges against Palmer have yet to be served.
10) There’s currently a manhunt underway in Zimbabwe to find Palmer. Why are you hiding, Walt?
11) According to a spokesperson for Palmer, he’s “upset” over the internet outrage and that the hunter has become the hunted. Sorry, Walt. You’re just a cruel asshole. It was a only a matter of time.
Just because you’re an old rich guy, doesn’t give you permission to do this heinous shit like this. Sign the petition to demand justice for Cecil and to end trophy hunting in Zimbabwe: http://bit.ly/1D6wBLu
Walter Palmer (above right) was identified by the Telegraph as Cecil’s killer and according to sources reportedly spent more than $54,000 for the privilege. Cecil had been a major tourist draw at Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, where it is illegal to kill a lion. Palmer had no trouble getting around the law though.
On Tuesday, social media erupted in anger at dentist Walter Palmer after news emerged he had killed, skinned and decapitated beloved Zimbabwe lion Cecil. On Facebook, angry commenters flooded River Bluff Dental’s company page, while on Yelp people wrote scathing 5-star reviews (to get higher placement). Ricky Gervais also joined the fray with a powerful tweet.
Things to say when in love
i. I want to make you a planet.
ii. I will put the galaxy in your hair.
iii. Your kisses are a mouthful of firewater.
iv. I have never seen a more beautiful horizon than when you close your eyes.
v. I have never seen a more beautiful dawn than when you open your eyes.
Charges dropped against driver in crash that killed 20-year-old:
According to police, the driver of the Cadillac, which was traveling southbound on MD 202, lost control and crossed the center line directly into the path of the oncoming Nissan.The driver of the Nissan, identified as 20-year-old Adedire Olanrewaju Ososanya of Upper Marlboro, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Calero, the driver, also the son of a state senate, was initially charged with DUI and reckless driving, but prosecutors dropped the charges, pending a complete investigation.
Please sign the petition in order to get justice for Adedire here:
“Adedire Olarewaju Ososanya a rising star of his generation and a 3rd year student of Morgan State University was killed in a cold blood car crash on Thursday December 17, 2015 by a hardened and a repeated drunk driver in Largo Maryland. The offender has multiple traffic and criminal records. The alleged drunk driver is James Scott Calero, son of a state senate. James Calero is from Bowie Maryland. WE WANT JUSTICE FOR ADEDIRE PERIOD.”
Nobody is above the law. Ososanya was just 20-years-old. He was a promising young business student at Morgan State University. No mother should have to bury her child! Please sign the petition, it only takes a few seconds. This is our African brother.
You cannot march your ass onto someone else’s land, systemically murder, enslave, exploit, and oppress the people of that land, steal their resources, then get mad when you get what’s coming to you when they’ve decided that they’ve had enough
Over two decades ago (Sept 14th, 1994) 62 students from a remote elementary school in Ruwa, Zimbabwe saw something very strange. A silver object descended from the sky and onto their school-yard. Many kids ran away while others “stood transfixed at the strange events unfolding before their eyes.”
All the children (ages 5-12) were asked to draw what they saw, as they were the only witnessess of what happened. Of all the drawings, 22 of them were very clear and very similar to each other. They all depicted a “flying saucer” and a strange humanoid creature. It’s also important to note that many of these kids did not have media access.
Cynthia Hind, a South African MUFON field investigator was called and asked to help out in this case. She interviewed all the kids and asked them all questions.
“The children vary in cultures: there are black, white, coloured and Asian children. One little girl said to me, ‘I swear by every hair on my head and the whole Bible that I am telling the truth.’ I could see the pleasure on her face when I told her that I believed her. The smaller children from 5-7 years were very frightened at the time and ran shouting ‘Help me, help me.’ When the older children asked why they were saying this, the reply was, ‘He is coming to eat us.’ I should think this applied more to the black African children who have legends of _tokoloshies_ eating children.”
This case remains unexplained for the most part. Some skeptics have brushed it off as mass-hysteria while other skeptics believe it to be a school yard prank. All the kids that were interviewed had similar stories and descriptions of what transpired.
“Here’s another image in my series from Mana Pools, Zimbabwe. These elephants regularly get up on their hind legs to reach the high branches of these ancient trees.This elephant is lovingly nicknamed “Boswell” after the Boswell Wilkie circus in Southern Africa.”