So, the top skirt for Madoka is a simple circle skirt. I stated with measuring up. I later realized that it was too short and remade it, just 10 cm longer.
My math, can be better so I had to do a handy picture. (With the help of a calculator and a circle converter)
I used a measuring tape for drawing about the marks, is really easy with two persons, unfortunately I was alone.
The waist of the skirt I just sewed to a elastic waistband and the bottom I gathered.
I used the string theory, zick zacking over the string and pulling it.
Poff! This fabrics looks so neat.
For the ruffle I took about 2,5 times more then the circumstance of the gathered bottom and sewed in a string.
To easiest make it even I pinned it onto the skirt evenly and pulled the stings then. (Blurry cause I did not notice when I took it)
I later when trying it on realised it was a bit too long here I rolled the waist a little and will fix it later. I also took the petal skirt of the top, since my first skirt was a less poffy now the petal skirt was too narrow, but it will work if I take of a couple of cm.
So this is how it looks right now, even wearing the right (too big) shoes.
It looks a bit odd because of the waist of my dress but don’t mind that.