This is a meditation that you practice first thing in the morning. It will help to harmonize your mind, body and spirit so that you feel grounded and in alignment. For those of you going through a drop in energy due to the cooler weather and darker days, this meditation will clear away any stagnant energy and enable you to connect to the light and warmth within.
1. Sit in a comfortable place, I prefer bundled up outside, with your sits bones grounded and lengthen your spine. Bring your fingertips and thumb to touch creating a circle with your hands and hold this circle on your belly (wherever you feel is most energetically speaking to you).
2. Focus on your inhale and exhale until you feel a sense of peace.
3. Bring your awareness to your heart chakra at the center of your breastbone and breathe here. Take long, slow, deep inhales drawing love, patience and acceptance into your heart space and with every exhale, call out the mantra Y-A-M (pronounced yaaaaaam) releasing anything that is no longer serving you including fears, anxieties, judgments, comparisons or self-doubt. Continue with this until you feel intuitively ready to move on, try for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
4. Now bring your attention to your root chakra at your perineum. As you inhale draw in security, connection, independence and trust and as you exhale, call out the mantra L-A-M (pronounced laaaaaammm) releasing the judgments and expectations you place upon yourself go. Stay here until you feel intuitively ready to move on, try for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
5. Focus on the energy of your belly behind the circle and feel the power of your inner strength. Feel it move through your entire body. This is your guiding light.
6. Bring this energy up to the space where you feel any anxiety, doubt or fear and allow your strength to help you release this tension.
7. Envision it leaving your body and allow your inner strength to coarse up and down your body from your root chakra to your sacrum, through your chakras to the top of your skull.
8. Breath and rest for a few moments and when you open your eyes, take a moment to sit with Mother Nature before carrying on with your day.